In general, if you experience any problems using HPC Service resources, or if you have a query not covered by the online documentation, please email support'at'hpc.cam.ac.uk, or telephone (01223) (7)63517.
If you encounter a problem with compilation, please email the support desk with the following information:
- An explanation of what you are trying to achieve
- The output of the command modules list
- The exact path to the compilation directory
- The command you ran which shows the failure
- The output of the command showing the failure.
If a job fails to run, please try analysing the fault using the following commands:
squeue scontrol show job <jobid>
Also examine the job's slurm-JID.out (output and error) file.
If this reveals no obvious problem, please supply us with the following information:
- The ID of the job (squeue will show the jobid while the job is running, but it is also encoded in the name of the slurm-JID.out file)
- A brief description of the job
- The path to the directory from which the job was submitted
- The name and location of the submission script and the exact command used to submit
- Any error text, and preferably the location of the slurm-JID.out file
- Any messages you may have received by email about the job.
If you would like a library or application installed centrally, please email the support desk with the following information:
- The name of the library/application
- The home website of the library/application
- The reason you would like to have it installed
- The type of license used by the software (commercial/opensource etc)
- Any specific requirements (e.g. 32 bits / 64 bits or double precision / single precision).